This program is designed for people who wish to develop an informed painting practice using oil paints. Taught by Pilar de la Torre, an award-winning artist with a passion for sharing her skills and insights with students.
Over the course of this term, students will cover the following:
- Oil Painting Properties.
- Colour mixing using a limited pallet.
- Using oil painting mediums safely and appropriately.
- Setting up a home studio practice.
- Observational painting from life and from images.
- How to create the illusion of volume through shape, tone and temperature.
- Understanding great Master Art and what creates a powerful image.
- Integrating personal expression into your brush strokes, colour choices and subject matter.
This is an ongoing class and appropriate for beginner – intermediate students who wish to gain skill and competence as painters in this beautiful classical medium.
Term four classes will be running online until such time as we are able to recommence live in studio classes. The cost of term has been substantially reduced to reflect this. Please note however, that no additional fees will be charged to students should classes recommence sooner.
Please note that students are required to supply their own materials for this course. Please view this link to purchase the kit or download the list here to check what you may need. Comprehensive kits are discounted by 25% of regular retail prices and enrolled students receive a 15% discount on individual items. All items are available for click and collect or delivery from our studio.
Before confirming your booking, please read our terms and conditions thoroughly as we are unable to offer refunds, credits or transfers.