This program is designed for people who wish to develop an informed painting practice using oil paints. Taught by Pilar de la Torre, an award-winning artist with a passion for sharing her skills and insights with students.
Over the course of this term, students will cover the following:
- Oil Painting Properties
- Colour mixing using a limited pallet
- Use of different mediums
- Painting equipment use and care
- Canvas and surface preparation
- Observational painting
- Covering subjects such as still life, portrait, figure and plein-air
- Creating the illusion of volume, through shape, tone and temperature
- Encourage personal expression through the process
This is an ongoing class and appropriate for beginner – intermediate students who wish to gain skill and competence as painters in this medium.
Please note that students are required to bring or purchase their own materials from the studio for this course. Before confirming your booking, please read our terms and conditions thoroughly as we are unable to offer refunds, credits or transfers.