This introductory workshop is a comprehensive introduction to traditional classical drawing techniques as practiced by Master Artists such as Rembrandt, Titian and Velasquez. Facilitated by Robert Kelly, you will explore materials and approaches through practice and demonstration which will give you a new understanding of what is involved in developing these particular skills.
Students will learn elements of the following:
- The utility of basic drawing materials and how to choose and use them.
- Approaching drawing – how to choose an accessible subject.
- Composition – how to set the image on your page in a balance way.
- Basic perspective and measurement skills.
- Understanding light and shade (tone).
Excellent for beginner – intermediate students who wish to build skill and accuracy in their drawing techniques.
Basic materials are provided in the cost of each workshop. Students are welcome to bring their own if preferred.
Before confirming your booking, please read our terms and conditions thoroughly as we are unable to offer refunds, credits or transfers.