This program is designed for serious beginners who wish to start with the very basics to develop solid and strong art making skills in drawing, painting and sculpture. Taught by Pilar de la Torre, an award-winning artist with a passion for sharing her skills and insights with students.
Over the course of the year you will practice:
- Observational and creative drawing processes in pencil, charcoal, ink and pastel.
- How to use and understand a wide range of materials including oil, acrylic and watercolour paints.
- How to mix colour using minimal base colours.
- Using artists brushes.
- Preparing surfaces for painting.
- Painting Alla Prima (wet on wet) using oil paints.
- Understanding elements of art history.
- Maintaining your own visual voice in your work.
Please note that students are required to bring or purchase their own materials from the studio for this course. Before confirming your booking, please read our terms and conditions thoroughly as we are unable to offer refunds, credits or transfers.